M7.2 - 80km SSW of Acari, Peru 2013-09-25 16:42:45 UTCA 7.2 magnitude earthquake hit off the coast of Peru on Wednesday, about 29 miles south of Acari.
The quake was also 310 miles from Lima.
The U.S. Geological Service reported that the quake hit at a depth of 24.5 miles, just miles off the coast.
Story developing; check back for updates.
Location and Magnitude contributed by: Alaska Tsunami Warning Center
- 2013-09-25 16:42:45 UTC
- 2013-09-25 11:42:45 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-09-25 17:42:45 UTC+01:00 system time
Location16.100°S 74.900°W depth=33.0km (20.5mi)
- 80km (50mi) SSW of Acari, Peru
- 100km (62mi) SSE of Minas de Marcona, Peru
- 140km (87mi) S of Nazca, Peru
- 175km (109mi) SSW of Puquio, Peru
- 504km (313mi) SSE of Lima, Peru
Ver mapa maior