Twenty people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at a Thanksgiving party in the Kilbourn Park neighborhood after someone used a charcoal grill inside a home Thursday night, a spokesman for the Chicago Fire Department said.
Seven people were transported in good-to-fair and fair-to-serious conditions to area hospitals from the single-family home on the 4300 block of West Roscoe Street, said Larry Langford, a spokesman for the department.
The victims were transported to West Suburban Medical Center and Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, he said.
Thirteen others were treated at the scene, Langford said. The incident happened before 11 p.m.